Tuesday, April 5, 2011 | By: Chim's World of Literature

Monster

Monster

Deep within me hides a monster
A person that can’t control the world at bay
The secret side within me
I never let people see this side
I keep it locked under the layers of my heart.
Sometimes I can’t control it,
Sometimes it comes out without me noticing
So I warn you all stay away from me,
The beast within me is ugly.
The rage within me can’t be controlled
I feel it; I just can’t hold it in
It’s scratching my walls,
The lock is busy breaking in the halls
It waking up,
I am at war with myself,
I can’t keep it in,
Hidden passages are starting to break down.
Why won’t somebody come and save me from this?
Make it end.
Its just beneath the skin, I must confess that I
Feel like a monster, I hate what I have become
The nightmares just begun.
The monster its razor sharp as I am hiding in the dark
There’s no escape for me
It wants my soul, I’m losing myself my faith is growing weaker.
It wants my heart, how can I give up this fight,
Loved ones don’t hear me scream
Maybe I am stuck in this dream,
Dark walls suffocating me
Or maybe it’s inside me,
Stop the monster from taking me back.
Save me, save me from the darkness,
The clouds breaking thunder from outside the room,
I fall to bended knees, asking Him up above,
To save me once more from this monster that’s
Busy taking over my life.
Hiding, crying, broken, alone, numb, disappointment,
Anger, fear, depression, that is my monster.


Copyright C Davids,2011

1 comments:

The Book of Shadows (The Dark Side) said...

The monster, yes, it is ugly.. it is unbearable and it is creepy.. this monster exist because the gifts and beauty of what truly lies is hidden, hence, this monster is able to find the room, filling up the place...

I dont know, Chim, but you have the gifts of all to unleash and get rid of it...

I like the truthfulness in this poem expression and Chim, together, I will pray that He will save you from you... :) *HUG*

Post a Comment