Exhaustion
Tired, weary eyes walking around,
The life I have come to live
In the darkness just me and you
As I lay awake talking to you,
I beg you even, kissing your feet.
Just an hour or maybe two
I start to get greedy, because
I know you are laughing.
My body is slowly drifting away.
Another place darkness succumb
As I hear the windy trees against
My windowsills.
Why again, you don’t want to leave.
Abide by the rules I toss and turn.
The pain in my back, the pain in my sides.
Goodness me I keep thinking I’m dying,
Self-consciously talking to you,
Like you a somebody.
You’ve got a hold on my sleep,
My achy body isn’t even functioning.
To fight you off.
I am going to get you one of these days.
If only it was true because tonight,
You right back taking my sleep.
Telling me have fun, exhaustion takes over me.
Copyright C Davids 14/04/2011
I am sitting with this daily...I have not had any sleep in days....I hope it change the minute my mind shuts off....To give me peace of mind..
Poetry Potluck Week#40 : "Void, Loneliness and Sorrow".... Don't be too sad though.. Just join us..and fight this fear together.
3 comments:
begging, kiss the feet..
the line is amazingly great.
Happy Potluck, love your entry.
"Why again, you don’t want to leave."
A question most likely asked by many. Have your rest dear. Hugggs :)
Bone-weary, emotionally drained I certainly know this feeling!
Post a Comment