Celebrating Life
“The more you praise and celebrate your life,
the more there is in life to celebrate.”
It was a day of despair
As I walk through the paths that leads up to
The only woman that has ever loved me,
Just remembering the glow in her eyes
As she would wait for me open arms
As I would walk up to her and she closed
Me into the warmth of her heart.
Facing this stone right now,
As I slowly letting my finger
Fall into the words scribbled on the stone.
Sometimes I think about life
And I wonder what celebrations
Is yet too come,
The birth of a baby, the day she goes to school,
Turning around as you see her aging into
A beautiful young lady,
Her graduation from high school,
Her first day at college, graduation,
Planning her life as she enters adulthood,
Getting married, her first born,
Her children growing up as they
Start their lives.
Her first grandchild, life goes on never ending,
But if we just stop for one moment and think
Of all the good that has come into your life,
The love you’ve received from baby until
You have to say your goodbyes.
I’m standing right at the foot end of a gray stone,
Where the only woman I have looked up to,
Is laying to rest, ten years has gone by.
She is no longer with us in this life,
But she left behind so many great amazing
Traditions that we have to carry on.
Celebrating birthdays, Christmas, New Years, Easter
To name but a few, but the most important of them all,
Would be to celebrate life.
To live each day as it comes,
Never hinder on the one you’ve lost too long,
Because they want you to seek happiness,
To get on with life, each day thank god
For giving you the life you have.
I am going to start celebrating life.
Celebrating my life.
The mere sense of living is joy enough.
Poetry Picnic Week#4
”Summer Vacations, Grandparents, and Anniversaries”
I Thought I am going too write about something that has two of the themes in, one grandparents and anniversaries, but also focusing on the celebration of life.
We sometimes take life for granted.
This poem is also dedicated to the 11/09/2001
Also happy anniversary to JP community
2010/2011


10 comments:
She sounds like an amazing woman who loved you very much. It's lovely that you have such precious memories to keep and also traditions that she taught you to uphold too.
She is still with you... you always carry her in heart.
Lovely prose.
A wonderful tribute and many many good thoguhts in this one! Very well said and written!
http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/09/11/farmers-lament-2/
You did a great job on this. It's nice to hear of your thankfulness and daily thanksgiving to God. I applaud your celebrating life knowing "The mere sense of living is joy enough".
His grace is sufficient for you.
Loving tribute with an uplifting and optimistic ending.
Here is my entry
http://jackedwardspoetry.blogspot.com/2011/09/rose.html
A wonderful tribute
very thought provoking..
Happy Poetry Picnic.
Yes, we do take life for granted. A lovely tribute to a lovely lady.
lovely tribe.
Greetings:
We are celebrating one year anniversary, wish to say thank you for the support in the past year, keep up the excellence!
You Deserve The Best!
Bless Your Tuesday!
Cheers….
Jingle Poetry Community
xoxox
It is so wonderful to celebrate life and you did such a great job on this one
http://gatelesspassage.com/2011/08/27/the-island-breeze/
Dear Chimnese...
Oh sure... I am glad that you have had such a wonderful person who gave you the meaning of life.. in such a beautiful way... many of the people are not so lucky...
"I am going to start celebrating life.
Celebrating my life.
The mere sense of living is joy enough."
Thanks for sharing... and I look forward to seeing you again...next week...
Shashi
ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/09/whispers-in-memories-way-of-soul.html
At twitter @VerseEveryDay
Post a Comment