Saturday, January 28, 2012 | By: Chim's World of Literature

Tree of Life

Underneath a willow tree
a young lady came one night
And sat underneath it,
For years since she was a little girl
She came to this exact spot.
For years this willow tree has
Never carried any leaves,
a lifeless tree, but underneath it
She found comfort,
She found herself underneath
That spot,
For the first time in years after
The young girl dressed in a red dress,
Asked for something.
Something she never knew
Or thought could come true,
She prayed that night the young lady
Came prepared, she didn't come
There to shed tears,
But she came to make peace with
What's wrestling within her spirit.
God says you who believe in my name will have a heart filled with peace.
She went on her knees as she looks
Up to the sky,
Her hands folds together as she
Cries out, "Does anybody hear me.
God if you their please I need your help.
I'm a lost girl yearning to be loved and understood, something I've never found at home. Just maybe I'm hoping someone would come rescue me from the life I've lived, the pain and the heartache. Some days I don't know if its me looking back in the mirror.
Every day I walk around and I can see all the brokenness but still on they go with their private lives as they hide their silent cries." She starts to sop even harder then she's ever had before.
"God please help me here my cry. I want to change, I want to be complete in your love. I want to be able to stand up and say I'm loved and that I love myself." Tears was rolling down as her cries stretch high above the tree tops that birds came to sit on this willow tree that didn't have any leaves.
Sometimes God use the extraordinary things to make us see that he can use a bare willow tree.
That was the tree of life.
The tree the young girl came to each and everyday and found her peace by
Letting God be her savior.


My Entry for Bluebell Short Story Slam week #19

6 comments:

Maggie Patti Barbara Frankford-Walton said...

love the title, smiles,

add it to poets rally if you could,
you rock.

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

hopefully you find what you deserve,

powerful story.

Marbles in My Pocket said...

This is beautiful, Chim. Such a pouring out of heart onto page. A very moving write. Bless you!

http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2012/01/29/the-sun-on-my-face/

Elizena said...

This was a beautiful piece. This picture prompt itself has moved so many people to write from the bottom of their hearts; to write of extreme happiness, sadness or joy. Each poem, haiku or story has been different, but each like this one has been quite powerful. Blessings!

http://elizena-lovingmycreator.blogspot.com/

~L said...

OH beautiful! This brought me to tears! This was amazing!!! A true gift for me today to read this!

~L

Rose said...

Delightful spiritual piece!

Post a Comment