Your Art Matters
This morning I picked up the paper,
Usually I read the financial section,
But instead I took a brief moment
To see the who’s who in the cosmopolitan
Of the New York Times,
I must say I have found a lot of things,
Especially on what’s happening
In the world of literature and modern art,
Sculptures and new books being released,
I have spotted that the Jewish Art centre
Is shifting identity,
The Judah L Magnes Museum has
Reopened as the Magnes Collection
Of Jewish Art and life,
And is also now part of the library
At the University of California, Berkeley.
I am so delighted that art hasn’t died yet,
Those historic monuments can be carried
Through generation after generation.
We stand to know that Art does matter,
That whatever we do in this life,
That our creativity will never not
Be outnumbered that Art is timeless.
Poetry Picnic Week 23: New York Times Headline Topics
This is from Hyde Park @ Poets rally

8 comments:
Let's hope it never dies!
http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2012/01/22/night-rules/
oh, very true! wonderful tribute to the arts!
so very true! wonderful tribute to the arts!
thank you
I stand with you!
what a lovely discovery,
Glad to see you read the new york times,
thanks for sharing.
art is beautiful when older pieces are appreciated and staying alive!
Wonderful write!
~L
It is amazing how much the world is open to us, once we begin to really look.
A lovely write. Hope all is well in your world.
What would we do without art be it painting, sculptures, literature, modern art or art from the old masters! You are right art is life all the way back to the 'cavemen' and their 'crewed' drawings. Man has to draw paint write be creative - it is instinct, it is life:) Good write!
Post a Comment