I remember when you first wrote me that letter.
I was astounded and thrilled to just receive anything
Short or long from you.
I remember how you told me that
This Is My Now
Was one of your favourite songs?
It’s something that was just ours
And I would never share that memory
Or song with anyone else.
Because just as much as it meant something to you.
This Is My Now
Meant something to me, it was time for me
To come out of my shell and be who I am.
I was struggling with identity crises for so long.
I just never fit into this world.
I wasn’t like other girls,
I wasn’t into the things they were.
Yes I dated boys, I enjoyed there company.
I was even in love with one,
But baby it wasn’t the same.
This Is My Now
Was a breakthrough
To be whom I always were.
I like girls, I liked boys.
Confused about who and what I should be.
The day I stopped pretending
Was the day you entered my life.
This Is My Now
I had to decide if I was going to hide
And play it safe and find the strength
In myself to take that step of faith.
It’s when you appeared
Out of nowhere you came into my life.
Never before have I been so amazed,
So in aww of your love and devotion.
It didn’t take that long
For me too see that love,’
Gone were the fears,
Gone were all the things I have ever feared
Because your love gave me so much more,
This Is My Now.

5 comments:
A sharing of hope.. Yeah, this is mine now and your post reminded me of a song 'Because you Love me' and 'You raised me up'..
Nah, not sure why but they just come to me... :)
beautiful emotions..
lovely job.
A++
now, free at last :)
wow! absolutely lovely and powerful. beautifully done.
Loved it :-)
Post a Comment