Food For Thought
When I came across our new theme
For this week,
We all indulge in food.
When we are depressed we feed
Our depression with hunger pains
That isn’t even there, but our
Minds are so contrived with
Thinking that we need this food.
So many young girls suffer from
Anorexia, bulimia, it’s a disease
That wants to tear our youth apart.
We starve ourselves to look
Like supermodels are just by wanting to fit
Into that tight jeans.
Depression is a killer lurking in our subconscious.
Our minds needs to be fed with food that
Will help us overcome the pain
That we linger deep within us.
If this is just a few words to bring
My hunger thoughts across
Please just know food will
Never heal a broken heart.
Poetry Potluck #26 Food, Drink and Indulgence ( I chose a different way on the theme, i took a more psychological way to express my words into a poem.)
Thank You Jingle for this awards
Thank You Tingtasty for this award.

9 comments:
Never heals a broken heart? True. But a bar of chocolate helps until the next guy comes along!
Sorry that was a bit flippant. Nicely composed poem with a strong point made at the end.
http://jessicasjapes.wordpress.com/2011/03/14/bubble-bath/
This is a great food for thought! I turned to food for comfort until it turned me uncomfortable. I'm turning away now, comfortably :)
soul food is indeed in great demand.
well done entry, Happy Potluck.
A++
i hate the skinnies haha! nice.. here's my potluck.. http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/04/27/cheesecake/
Hmmm. how true... at the end, it is the food through our reflection that really feeds... :)
Took a little long to stop by today cos I was sleeping soundly after my cocktail on tingtasy... :P
Cheers!!!
Wonderful insight on human nature and the perfect advice in the last line.
lovely...with a beautiful and very poignant message. i feel a bit guilty about my take on the theme, but i figure indulging is acceptable in moderation especially if you have different avenues of to express, deal, and face your emotions.
Hey, I am back again... Yeah, did you enjoy the Pink Lady??? *wink*
Oh yes, by the way, here is something for you.. Do claim it at
http://www.tingtasy.com/2011/03/ting-in-random-tr04-versatile-blogger.html
Yep, hope to see you soon...
The Versatile Blogger Award 4 You!
Thanks for the support,
Happy Wednesday!
xoxox
Post a Comment