Thursday, March 24, 2011 | By: Chim's World of Literature

Pictures of You

Pictures of you

Flashing cameras all around me,
There you were just starring
Just a vision,
       That same smile,
               Those same eyes,
                        Just starring
While pictures been taken.
Pictures of me without you in it.
I go home and I open the album
My fingers running on the outline
Of your features.
Smiling pictures taken by you.
Without me in it.
A tear drop falling on your picture.
Ruined by the tears that seems
To be running freely
As it covers your face completely,
Smudged by the wetness.
Nothing to dry it with,
As I start to feel sadder.
Looking at what I just did.
My work, your picture, ruined.
Pictures of you,
That is all you left me with.
Never wanted to destroy them,
I knew at that point I would
Never see you face.
    Pictures
              Of
                   You.
Gone, no need to repair.
        Smudged
              Face,
Nothing left to see.
Pictures of you gone.

Week # 40

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sad... But beautifully written!

Anonymous said...

Sadly romantic. I got a lump in my throat.

Olivia said...

Now this is what we call a poem.. Did I feel that you wanted to move on; with this picture gone, it would be somewhat easier!

Or maybe not.. love is a tad complicated subject :)

Hugs xoxox

The Book of Shadows (The Dark Side) said...

This made my heart melt.. Of a memories built and shaped from Love.. A beautiful heartfelt poem..

By the way, you are one the few who relate exactly as how I pen my thoughts and everything in my poem in this week..

I thank you for your encouraging words.. *HUG*

And, did I ever tell you this? I am thankful for finding you, though we met with our words but our heart seem to know each other more than anything.. :)

Anonymous said...

wow! this really good I have to savor it twice :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the poem. Touched my heart completely. The feeling of never seeing someone again, the sadness tearing at your heart. Though pictures gone but memories dont seem to have faded at all -
Pictures of you gone but memories of you stay engraved till last.

Anonymous said...

Sad feelings clearly expressed by the puddle of tears

Jingle said...

vivid and dynamic writing..
love the sentiments.

The Book of Shadows (The Dark Side) said...

Hey, my dear.. I am back.. Yep, done with your name.. But really, I am not sure if it is right..

Have you heard of the 9 dragons in Chinese culture that said to be living in Heaven?

I went around asking a few of my colleagues and they gave the same answer as the meaning of your name is origin from a dragon by the name of Qilin, a chinese mythical figure which comes in pair. They do not exactly look like the normal dragons. Instead, they are considered to be one of the guards, guarding the entrance.

In short, your name is not exactly all Chinese Culture related but rather a tribute in the Chinese from the legend which most people does not learnt about.. :)

I hope I have answered your question and I went 'wow' upon learning the origin of your name. I didn't know it has such deep and rich meaning and legend..

Oh yes, by the way, I am following you on Twitter now, your new follower.. :) :)

And, glad you are enjoying the Tingtasy Story - Heart... :) :)

*HUG*

Anonymous said...

Love is a theme that always takes fresh dimensions! I was reminded once again of this beautiful fact after reading your wonderful lines :) All the best with your novels!

Vinay Leo R. said...

perhaps its easier to move on if there weren't photographs.. only memories would make it difficult.. but they can't be forgotten easily I guess.. sad, yet lovely wordplay..

Anonymous said...

wow that was heartwrenching and beautiful

Anonymous said...

sad sad sad! and thats your specialty here! here's mine.. http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/01/15/wedged/

Anonymous said...

Beauty is within the solemness of solitude of the remembered. Utterly a delight to digest!

Blaga said...

I've been there ... I too have pictures gone ... So sad, but your words were great to read!

Anonymous said...

sad but good poetry. Great read.

Anonymous said...

beautiful poem

Pat-Mather Brown Gordon-ceton said...

lovely.

Post a Comment