A shining light beamed around
Your face.
The glow cascading so
Delicately around your features.
It transcends brightness,
That is what you meant to me.
A light that shined through the darkness.
When times seemed hard in my life,
There you were
Smiling
So
Brightly
As I knew I couldn’t not smile back.
The love in your eyes,
That
I knew was there for just me.
That smile I came to love,
Never would I forget.
That
One
Smile
That makes my legs go weak.
A shining light beamed around your face.
The glow cascading so delicately,
That all I want to do is touch your face.
My fingers
Pressing in between your cheek dimples.
Smiling
So
Brightly.
This is an original written for Poets Rally 39
I’ve been awarded The Celebrate of Spring in 2011 Runner- up.. I accept it, thank you.

22 comments:
A beautiful sketch of a smile in verse
Powerful smile! Beautiful poem! :)
Loved it...beautifully written !
Thanks for sharing...
What a beauty in a smile... that one unique smile... Your poem made my smile... :)
Thanks for leading me into this poem of yours... and here, I wish you have that one unique smile which made someone's day.. *HUG*
so much said in one smile.
magical...
what a lovely message you have here...
Happy Rally.
A beatific smile, so uplifts us every time. You sure did bring one here, lovely words!
Happy rally!
http://lynnaima.wordpress.com/
Beautiful! Brought a sweet smile to my lips...not always an easy thing to do. Really liked, "that / one / smile / That makes my legs go weak."
That is the magic of love...that you will be so much uplifted ...as you said "A light that shined through the darkness."
Wonderful...
Here is mine for the rally
http://poem-myworldofexcitement.blogspot.com/2011/03/poem56ownership.html
A smile can do miracles ... Let us keep smiling. Happy Rally!
I'll melt if someone say this to me. A sensational one.
love it! here's my wk 39.. http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2009/11/17/regret/
Fascinating depiction of a loving smile, great!
Beautifully written!
very beautiful poem, Chimnese.. reminded me of someone..!
Fantastic write on the emotions that a smile can create within!
Awww - so sweet! :)
Sweet. I gave me chills.
Love your blog design.
This poem makes ME smile. Very nice!
I liked this a lot.
A great description of the power that a simple smile holds.
I happen to have one of my own by the same title:
http://dropsofanguish.wordpress.com/2011/01/21/your_smile/
I am not sure about the emboldening of the words... I don't think it necessary to the poem, personally. That is just my opinion though, for you to consider or disregard at your will.
Keep up the great work!
This is a beautiful piece.
A smile can make a difference in a person's life ... I try to keep in mind ... perhaps no one has smiled at "them" before!!
Thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment