Tuesday, May 8, 2012 | By: Chim's World of Literature

Set Free



Set free
I keep telling myself
Set free,
Let go.
Move on
             Yet I still hold onto the exact thing
Breaking me down.
Set free
I know it isn’t impossible to be free.
Free from all hurt, pain, torture and memories
That bound me to this life.
             A horrible life
Where you live with the pain so deep
That you don’t know which way to go.
Set free
I hear the voice saying it’s over and over
Set free
             I stood up and fight for my life.
I took back what is rightfully mine.
I was set free because God he heard my cries.
He set me free, because we are to ourselves a
Very valuable price.
Set free from all that has bound me to this
World to your issues you have towards me.
I am set free, saved from a life of destruction.
Set free,
Let go
I am home.

2 comments:

The Unknowngnome said...

Chim, you say it well, "Set free, let go, I am home". Very strong.

Clare Wilson said...

I love these lines:
"He set me free, because we are to ourselves a
Very valuable price."

A beautiful poem! I really like how the repeating words 'Set free' can both stand on their own and flow into the following and preceding lines. It allows the poem to be interpreted very broadly.

Post a Comment