Thursday, May 24, 2012 | By: Chim's World of Literature

The SELF

The brutality of the SELF,
I am scared of dealing with MYSELF,
Dealing with my own INNER PAIN.
I can no longer shut it out;
the universe isn't making it any easier
for me to stop from dealing with it.
HIS in charge of this journey,
He's removed them all from my LIFE.
The SELF love,
Becoming One with my self.
God you're in charge,
If I didn't believe in YOU,
I wouldn't have heard the words,
"OPEN YOUR EYES"
I am left with just ME?
Being by myself is something frightening.
GOD you said I shouldn't be frightened.
That you will be with me.
You want me to show more kindness
to myself.
That TODAY I become my own
Best friend I concentrate on ME.
I respect MYSELF, Love and be kind to myself.
Thank you GOD for allowing,
these great prophets to open my eyes.
My weary heart that's been rejected
So many times as well,
You bring me into  a world,
Where people crave off my emotions,
Sending me off to run away
From being with MYSELF.
I can not allow anyone to make
me feel less of a person,
that I should create happiness
For MYSELF.
My acceptance of myself,
my low self esteem will be GONE.
With loving MYSELF more,
And knowing God’s unconditional
Love reassures me that I won't
Be in this LIFE in pain,
But I'll be in  a place
Of love,peace,serenity and kindness,
Generosity, strength, blessings.
Acceptance of the SELF.

© Chimnese Davids, All rights reserved.

5 comments:

Daydreamertoo said...

RYN and this post Chim. You cannot love anyone at all unless you first learn to love yourself. If you don't love you, who can you love? When you give everything you have to any relationship, and that means you hold nothing at all back, you leave yourself wide open and vulnerable to being hurt by that love but, that is the risk you take if you want to be loved back in the same unconditional way. We have to trust that the person we are giving all of us to is going to take care of our gift and not abuse our trust. But, people break up. Relationships aren't right, people aren't right for each other and it falls apart. I used to be cynical when people would say "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." Well, in a sense they are right. We need to be glad we had what we had for the time we had it.
As far as your questions about breaking up with someone you loved and never stopping the pain. If something is over, then, it's over. If it was through something that you did wrong, then you need to learn the lesson it's teaching you about yourself so that when you fall in love again, you won't make the same mistakes. Once love exists, it cannot then, un-exist. It is there, forever. Never dies, never goes away but, you have to learn the lesson of letting go, especially if the person you loved wishes to be free. Sometimes we can only show we truly do love someone by letting them go, completely.
When the right person arrives who is your exact match, you will love as deeply, fully as you ever have before and yet, the next time it will be so much better because you will have learned the lessons from the mistakes you made and won't make them again.
Hope that helps you. Keep strong, and try to let go of old love, and let new love find you.

Daydreamertoo said...

Some people do that for their own selves, not for your good at all. I have a woman I really loved and cared for but, she liked to play with my feelings. Didn't want to be with me but, if I began to show disinterest she'd dangle the carrot as bait again to hook me back in. To some it's all about control. They don't want you but, they want you to still want them. Yes, take control, break any and all communication so that you can really move on in your own life and not remain in the shadows of a love that was soul destroying to you as I have had to do with this woman too. Love doesn't cause us pain. :)

Daydreamertoo said...

Yes, you will be blessed. Wait and see :)

The Unknowngnome said...

Remember, in order to find oneself one has to lose oneself.

Anonymous said...

Deep poetry to say the least. I like it.

Post a Comment