Thursday, March 15, 2012 | By: Chim's World of Literature

Just a Memory

Just a Memory


Just a memory of my past nothing to remember you by,
Lost with the faded memories, but just tell me how I can forget,
 how can I say goodbye to you.
I look around me and I remember that we can never be,
The pain in me goes, there's not  a day that goes by
That  a memory and all our dreams comes flashing passed my eyes,
As each time I've tried to forget so that I can bid farewell,
Where do I start, just tell me   how? It’s so easy for you to forget.
To move away from the life that we've lived,
There's days I sat in the dark as tear tracks fall down my cheek,
That's when it hits me as much as I want you to be just a memory
In my past, how can I forget the dreams we've shared,
And how I knew you cared, but why each time I let you back in,
You hurt me just to leave me once again, with no goodbye.
I am so tired of the tears and the pain to my heart,
I tried to love you like no other, but all it did was hurt me more.
Now that I know that we will never be, just a memory that's all
that’s left of who we once was.
The dreams and my life were heading somewhere all along I knew
if I let you back in I'll give up on holding the walls up.
 how do I stop loving you,  how do I say goodbye, because its not easy to forget
 a love that was once so pure and innocent,  a love that I wish could
Be chased away when memories
Comes back, you were more than just
 a memory, you were my world.

Inspired by the song, How do I stop loving you.

5 comments:

rch said...

Very sad but nicely written, it's great when inspiration comes from different places.

Anonymous said...

Geezzzzzz do I know the feling! Amazing write!

Mark Butkus said...

Very nice poem and a great theme for the week. Congrats on both counts.

Cheers,

Mark Butkus

iBeingMe said...

Beautiful write.. :)

The Poet said...

Hello.
Painfully bittersweet, but penned beautifully.
Thanks for sharing & hosting this week.

Her Perfumed Scent

Post a Comment