Tuesday, May 10, 2011 | By: Chim's World of Literature

I Sketch You From Memory

I Sketch You From Memory


Whenever I close my eyes
I see you standing in front of me,
That smile on your face was what got me to fall.
A lifetime without those smiles brought tears
To my hazel brown eyes,
I see the beauty within you,
That halo you once wore around your head,
Laughing and hearing your voice,
The giggling deep within your throat,
Oh that is a sketch I want to treasure for years to come.
Those smile, that eyes, all of it,
Tracing my pencil careful around the structure,
As I come to your cute button nose,
Those cheeks I was longing to caress,
Those lips, luscious and soft, tasting
Of cherry chap stick,
As each line, each curve of my fingers
Fell over sketching all I’ve seen in memory
Opening the drawers of every light I have seen you in.
 I underline the features of what you were to me,
My sketches was for you, it was a dedication
Of my love for you.
I’ll sketch you from memories that once hold my forever.

Copyright C Davids

10/05/2011


Poetry Potluck Week 36, "Sketches, Images and Impressions"

2 comments:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

memories sketch is cool.
love your take.
Happy Potluck.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic write! there's such a tinge of sadness in the exercise of fond rememberance

Post a Comment