Freestyle
I’m a poet I glide through life
Using words as my weapon,
I come across different humans
Each and every day on my path
I look at them not with who are you,
But I see what most don't see,
I see pain, hearts being broken,
Families torn apart by abuse, alcohol
Just to name a few,
We walk around as broken people
Searching for someone to see us
To really see us what we all about,
Yet we keep our true selves
Hidden by wearing a mask.
I see a tear drop fall from a woman's eyes
As she's lost her home and husband,
I see her living on the streets with her teenage daughter,
I see other living under boxes
Sleeping on pavements,
I asked God inside my heart
Keep them safe at night,
I see little kids asking for money
As they buy alcohol or some drug
To kill the hunger or to keep the
Pain that lies underneath.
I’m a poet with words,
I'm just a lady, someone's daughter, someone's friend,
Someone's hope,
But I ask myself each day
What is broken inside of me?
Where does my hope come from?
I look up to the sky
And there is my answer.
I am not perfect,
What I see and what I endure
Each living day through my eyes
Is heartbreaking, heart nerve wrecking,
Seeing girls selling themselves
On the side of the streets to men.
I am not perfect I'm just a humble
Person going about her life.
How many of us don't see the pain,
But all we do is walk the other way
And pull up noses,
The justice in this world
Are outrageous, Christian people?
Being ignorant because
The family next door to them
Has a gay son or daughter,
God teach is love
Yet Christians feels hate
In their hearts against
The innocent girl
Who’s confused about her sexuality?
I write this not to preach,
I'm not perfect,
But God loves me
Who's created me?
He designed me exactly how I came to be.
Yes I am a gay individual.
I've learned to love me as I am.
I won't let ignorance and hate
Destroy the love I've found for myself.
I’m a poet but I'm also human.
9 comments:
Yes, God created each person and they are where they are at this moment by design. Well said, Chim.
http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/12/04/then-snared/
painful to read!so moving and touching..
You are a beautiful caring poet with a lot of insight into the human psyche this is obvious, no one is perfect! I love your blog I found you through Tugs blog theunknowngnome :D
Powerfully written ... important message "take away" message for everyone ... thank you for sharing!
love it,
never let ignorance and hatred blind you.
Smiles.
Glad to see you share,
Happy Poetry Picnic.
xoxo
Mk 12:30-31 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.
John 13:34-35 I give you a new Commandment, that you love one another, Just as I have loved you, you should love one another. By this everyone will know you are my disciple.
Love and besos Chim.
I love you for who you are. Thank you so much for sharing yourself with us. I am certain those around you are blessed by the love and acceptance you exhibit. Blessings, Kay
beautiful poem
Greetings:
Hope all is well.
Noting that you have won the perfect poet award for week 58,
what an achievement, thanks for your outstanding contribution to us
along the way, keep up the excellence. Best!
Come join our poetry rallyby Friday if you wish to mingle and get inspired!
A poem of your choice or a free verse is accepted.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Looking forward to seeing you share.
Respect and hugs.
xoxox
Post a Comment