Awaken To Spring
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
and each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.”
It’s the first day of spring,
I arise to the morning as
I hear the birds chirping outside.
This is the start of a brand new season.
The trees are starting to grow leaves,
The cold winter air has faded over night.
It’s a brand new start.
Time to remove the cluttering
Of winter depression and anxiety.
I thank the God above as I wake up,
To the sound of nature outside my house.
The feeling inside slightly changes,
The dark corners that lurked within,
Cleansed by the zest of a new season,
Spring awakens the spirit within,
Brings out the smile to your lips.
As you breathe in the morning glory.
Trees blooming little cotton flowers,
Gardens smell of greenery and floral divine.
What joy doesn’t spring brings
As the season wipe away the sad blues of wintry rains.
Copyrights C Davids @ 1/09/2011
This is my entry for week# 9 Short Story Slam @ Bluebell Books


7 comments:
A beautiful poem! So vivid and colorful this picture you've painted with words. Very nice!
My week 9 slam entry: http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/08/31/dearest-john-2/
joyful piece.
rebirth is cool.
lovely piece.
I love this day! Feels good inside :)
Spring what a wonderful time of the year. After a cold winter spring is so welcome. People start to feel a new life coming after a cold winter.
http://gatelesspassage.com/2011/09/05/the-milky-seas/
Just what I needed to read to steel my nerves for the coming of the winter!!
such an inspiring little piece :-)
Post a Comment