Monday, October 17, 2011 | By: Chim's World of Literature

Fallen

Fallen

So those words just start drifting
Through my mind,
As fresh tears are willing to fall,
I try so hard to push them back,
Telling myself that I have no right,
That I haven't needed to break down
And cry, I can't accept this,
Tears falling, when all I'm thinking
Why not spoke up earlier.
What have I missed out?
Was I so consumed with my own hurt?
That I didn't watch what was going
On around me.
Do you blame me for everything I've been through?
 That we've been through.
Our hearts belong together
That's what I know.
I'm sitting up late this morning
While sad love songs are playing
Our songs, our future gone.
I didn't even feel this ache
I'm feeling now months ago,
But here it, I feel regret now.
I'm heart broken.
So this must have felt like
When I broke yours,
And heart wrenching, suffocating pain.
The kind of pain that leaves your head
Spinning, that leads you to do things
Unknown.
A dark red room with your knife
Right through the center of it.
The more I see you happy,
The more the knife twist and turns
That I can't feel anything anymore,
Numb and empty that's how I feel.
You've won the battle.
Walk out the door as you smile
And grab someone else's hand.
Leaving me barely can take a breath
As nothing is left but being fallen.

Copyright C Davids @ 13/10/2011

Poetry Picnic Week 9 : Longing, Loss, Loosing and Failure

5 comments:

The Orange Tree said...

delightful way to show sadness or emptiness.

well done.

The Unknowngnome said...

it's written so well as to feel it.

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

creative write.

Happy Poetry Picnic.

Victoria said...

These lines: A dark red room, with your knife/right in the center of it...
conjures up such an image. The loss of one to whom we've given everything is just like that. Painful expressions, Chim

Ann LeFlore said...

so well done and so well written happy poetry picnic
http://gatelesspassage.com/2011/10/18/mirror-of-truth/

Post a Comment