Monday, February 21, 2011 | By: Chim's World of Literature

Africa My Home






Lost in the controversy of
Being of colour.
Being born in a country
With amazing history.
Africa she is loved by so many.
Her beauty shines from mountaintops,
Her land covers greenery
And fruitful life,
But deep down in her roots
She is struggling with poverty,
Her children are in danger,
As cities get flooded,
By enemies, weighing her down.
Oppression, racism, starvation.
Politicians, trying there best,
Some hard at work, and some hardly
Give a damn.
We need to save her, before they destroy her.
Her beauty turns to darkness.
Africa my home,
She inspires me to be my best,
Overcoming apartheid,
Living in the era of destruction.
She will get over,
She will arise from her ashes,
She is my future.



Poetry Potluck this week #23 :Our Home,  Temple and Sanctum 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great testament to your 'home'!
I am sure Africa's greatest times lay ahead of it. Well written!
Thanks for visiting my poem earlier.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

a special and different "home" to value, remember, and share...
Cheers.
Thanks for sharing.

A++

Anonymous said...

A stunning take on the theme and I add my prayers for your beautiful country.

The Book of Shadows (The Dark Side) said...

I enjoyed this piece.. With the love for a country, perfect take on for the theme 'Home'...

The opening was hit-on, unleashing the emotions in readers... :) :)

Thank you for taking the time to drop by Tingtasy... :) I am glad to be introduced to your lovely country... :) :) *HUG* and see you around..

Anonymous said...

lovely blog..
keep it up.
:)

Anonymous said...

I hear that. I think it is the same for my own homeland... Let's just hope for the best :)

Post a Comment