We waited for this day to have come
For so long, but we never thought
This is how it would end.
The two of us meeting for the very first time.
We spoke so much about it,
Yet there you are, standing, your face
Looking panicked,
She won't come, she must have seen me.
And walked off.
I see you looking around you.
You can’t see me standing there out of eyesight.
Deep down in the pit of my stomach,
It’s whirling and turning.
I myself was looking forward to this day.
But in my case I wasn’t hoping for you,
But for her to come through those sliding doors
At the airport,
Its another person’s face I wanted to see,
It was another person my face wanted to light up.
As painful as this must be,
I wish I had the nerve.
To
Walk
Away
But my legs didn’t want to.

25 comments:
Thanks for stopping by my Tingtasy..
Wow, this, 'The Wait' is well-expressed.. Painted vividly of a picture in feelings...
I like the ending.. it ended everything with the right note.. :) :)
Hope to see you around more.. :) *HUG*
Replied your comment in my post too..
How very intriguing! Who was she waiting for? Why didn't she step forward? It's a great poem, I enjoyed it very much.
Thanks for sharing! I like the title you gave to this poem :) Keep writing!
Really, you are??? Saw your comment..and you can be sure I was all in beams of smile.. :) :) :)
Done following you too.. Hope to work out this new-found blogger-friendship with you too.. Let us keep in touch with our poems sharing and other writes in our blog..
Nice meeting and knowing you.. *HUG, HUG*
nice honesty and reflection...
love love it...
brilliant words.
Happy Rally.
comment to let us know after you are done 18 commenting.
Hmm..that wait must have been too long.Nice poem
I feel like a voyeur looking over your shoulder. It takes great imagery to do that. Thank you for the insight.
there is yearning, disappointment and curiousity :) nicely done!
Happy rally!
Okay, this poem made me wish I was sitting somewhere near watching all this unfold. Very good...I liked it. :-)
most never have that courage
hoho its a test of patience just to wait.. in case you have not been, here's my week 38 haha! http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/09/30/i-cant-hold-it/
very sentimental
new to you... Very much like the way you express yourself in this poem.
This was a wonderful poem, beautifully written... love it!
All the best
Marinela x
Vivid words. Beautiful.
You raise all sorts of questions in this well-written poem. My imagination wants to put it into a short story.
being a people watcher myself, this had me on the edge of my seat wondering who she was looking for or had expected and who it was that showed up...what were their relationships to one another? I went back and read this several times to look for more clues but you have written a real mystery here with so few words. A very talented write!
Good job, keep sharing!
there is a whole story here, beautiful! So they had never met before, where they pen pals, what was the desillusion...
That's good! I like the tension of you wanting to see someone else there. Sounds like a story waiting to be told!
Those airport awaits, meetings ... I love them, the intensity of the face you expect to appear in the crowd of thousands. Sad in your case there wasn't that face. Lovely little story! Thanks you so very much for your visit to my blog dear!
I agree with Blaga about the airport. There are so many stories to be told there. Thank you for sharing this one. It is very intriguing!
well crafted imagery ... I have witnessed similar scenarios before ... most do not have the courage to walk away ... and some walk away too soon!
I love this so much.
JP
Post a Comment