A black and white day
I don’t know much that is going on,
But I have this feeling it always comes on a day like this,
A Friday where everything seem black and white
I ask myself what is this I feel
Why can’t you just feel what I feel?
Do you love me if you don’t let me go?
“I can’t let you. You too important to me”, she says.
“But if I am then why cant you love me.
Love me like I know you want to.” I said.
I stood there in front of her; I could see the tears falling down her face.
My own tears were falling making a smudge with my make up.
I don’t always where them,
But only for today I wanted to be beautiful for her.
I hear her say, “You beautiful.” I want to say thank you.
I want to say just hold me.
Just for once.
Don’t let us fall apart,
Don’t give up on me.
But I could say was nothing…
A long sigh came out of her.
“I will always love you no matter who is in my life,
I will love you still.” Then it dawned on me.
How could she really love me?
If she did.
Why am I not enough?
Why am I not worth being with her?
Is this what this day has become,
As a wind start to pick up blowing the tree I was leaning against now.
Its then I saw the cloud become grey,
A very dark grey.
It won’t belong until rain will come.
I am sure it will, even though it’s a black and white Friday.
A day that could bring so much pain to my heart.
I know that I won’t be able to walk away from her,
That I will still go on loving her for years to come.
It was a year later I was standing at that same tree.
The same day a black and white Friday,
My emotions never changed, my heart never stopped
From loving her.
All I could hear was the wind blowing and in the distance I still
Believe that I can hear her say,” I still love you forever and always.”
Credit goes to : One Poet Notes :
Photo Friday: “Black (& White) Friday”
Poetry Picnic week #17 “Photos, Nostalgia, Memories, and Families”,

7 comments:
it feels prosaic coz of its length, but still poetic coz of the emotions... maybe she doesn't love you as you loves her?
anyways, maybe a second chance for her might be worth it :) who knows?!
black and white winter days are vividly captured here.
Thanks for linking to poetry picnic.
love who you are, that's ideal,
best wishes.
love you.
Wow, how romantic this poem, thank you for sharing.
sad when love is not enough...I do believe love can fight through anything, love that endureth is the only true love there is though :(
happy gooseberry day!!!
http://lynnaima.wordpress.com/2011/12/12/a-dream-and-a-whisper/
Thanks for sharing such a remarkable piece.
Really , a great thanks for sharing this with us all in the first place..very lovely piece...
Post a Comment