Finding Hope After All This Time
In the last few months that I have been
Through all the hurt that others has caused me,
The hurt that was done upon my heart,
It scared me; it made me chose to close
My heart for the sake of never getting hurt.
The fact that I have done things in my past
That I know I have asked forgiveness for.
Wanting to always die due to the hurt.
I have come to do some soul searching
Some healing on my own in the last
Few months that I do want too meet
That someone special, I’ll be good
At being a girlfriend to someone.
My sister and I had this conversation
It went something like that.
“I may have lacked a lot of things right now.”
She asked me, “ like what?”
I replied, “Certain things I have missed
Through the years, like being her everything,
Don’t cheat; don’t make her cry, don’t
Get her pissed or never ever choose sides.
Never give her a chance to doubt me,
And to love her and only her.
Make her feel wanted, needed and treasured,
Make her the beacon of my life.”
As I am telling her all these things,
It finally hit me that this things is
What I should have done in the start.
She said, “good.”
I then said, “ things like that,
The little things that would make
Them know I’m truly devoted to her.”
I just then also realized that I do want
A future with someone and I know
I can make them happy.
For the first time in a long time I can
Actually see that future and for
That I do want to be alive.
I’ve never felt this way,
At ease with myself and who I am.
© Chimnese Davids, All rights reserved.
1 comments:
Uplifting. Your joy has put a smile on my face.
:)
Post a Comment