Tears In The Rain
It’s been days; no it’s been a fraction of two weeks.
Since then I have been walking around as tears
Cascade down my face, but who can see me
I pretend I am in control now
I avoid not falling apart because if that rain
Starts falling it is hard to hold back.
You can see tears in the rain
No matter how hard I try
They wont see anything
Only the rain in my eyes.
See I have waited for that storm to come
So I could hide my tears in the falling rain.
Here I am walking in the countryside
My umbrella keeping the rain from crashing,
But deep inside it’s a whirling wind of emotions.
My heart is breaking, the pain unbearable.
You’re the angel up above
Holding me close from falling face down.
I couldn’t blame you for leaving
You had your own tears to mend.
The time has come now
I’m letting go now.
The rain’s going to fall down and they wont see my pain
I see our lives flashing by us in a ray of hope,
Just a glimmer of something to stop the tears in the rain.
Hold onto our memories that was once our forever,
How ironic is it that the very rain that we once played in,
Is now the very thing that’s making me cry?
Tears in the rain.
C Davids Copyright 26/07/2011
Author Notes :
When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
If tears could build a stairway,
And memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to Heaven
And bring you home again.
~Author Unknown
My Entry for Poets Rally week#49
![]() |
| Jingle Poets Rally #49 |


19 comments:
beautiful.
bless you, keep it up.
sad and moving ~ indeed a lovely share ~
Just beautiful and very sad. Your pain is expressed well here. So sorry for your loss :(
Happy Rally.
Thanks for sharing such a stunning piece of poetry.
Read it a few times. I really loved this poem and at the same time felt your pain there. I hope you are doing ok now.
Very well done!
Ooh, how sad. A very moving piece about changes and loss.
Lovely words ... sorry to read about your loss ...
What a beautiful poem of sadness. I can relate to the sentiment clearly. I kinda wish it rained every time I was having a crying day... to cover up the tears.
so beautiful, made me cry, i am so sorry,
much hugs
Luna
sad, moving and full of real emotion. To me, this is what writing is about. Well done!
I too am sorry for your loss. This was a beautiful expression of loss and sorrow. I was moved very deeply.
So unhappy for the loss of yours..and yes the words are so true in your poem i can relate very well with this piece..
Painful and the pain defined till the core..
Alcina
Such tender and moving prose ... I am sorry for your loss ~~
Chimnese
Pain is as always, "the same"
We share....
Genebrother
If only rain could wash away ALL the pain in the world. :( Thanks for sharing this. Precious.
Such a beautiful poem, there is a vulnerability in this that really touches me.
Very powerful write,and I wish to add as with the others that I am sorry about your loss
Lovely sentiments... Unfortunately, time is passing so quickly and only memories stay forever. We should cherish moments when we have our beloved ones close.
very creative style.
ZQ
Post a Comment