Thursday, July 7, 2011 | By: Chim's World of Literature

Optic Illusion



Optic Illusion

The creations of what we feed to our minds
We come to the realization,
That what is out there can be seen
If we keep our eyes on what it reaches,
For days we have been living in this atmosphere,
Where certain pictures gets created and inside
Our minds we develop what we want it to be,
Deep in your subconscious you’ve created him.
Even though I know he isn’t here anymore.
A life taken unexpectedly,
Not ready to walk back into the light,
He hears your cries and your pleading.
Just when he was about to walk through he heard
A girl’s voice calling him,
“I need you, you promised you wont leave.”
Stopping him in his tracks.
“I should go back,”
He says, contemplating which way.
He holds his hand up to the guard
Standing a few feet away from this crystal gate.
“Can I go back just until she’s okay.”
The guard stood up and he walks
To the young man.
“You have a choice, either you leave now
And go with me, or you stay and wait for eternal life later.”
The boy stood he have to make a choice,
Its either he goes now, but he heard her cry once again.
“Sir I love her she is all I had. We grew up never
leaving each other side.”
The guard looked passed the young man’s
Shoulder and saw a girl on
A lonely bed in a room where she is
Strapped to a bed. The guard felt his
Eyes wet as a lonely tear fell down his face.
“Son you should go back, be with her till
she is okay to let you go.”
The young man grabs the guard and hugged him.
“Thank you.”
He turned around and walked away from the light.
Away from the crystal gate that was waiting
On his return.
This is a story of what love can do,
Even if you don’t believe in the illusions
Our minds create for us, but living
Through visions which I was gifted with
As young child, I always knew
That this girl is going to find her faith
And let him go home.




My Entry For Poetry Potluck Week #43 , “Life in Free Verse!

“If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever.”


My entry for Poets Rally week # 48

10 comments:

Marbles in My Pocket said...

This was like watching someone dream. It seemed so real, yet kept slipping in and out of hope and hopelessness. Very nice.

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

find her faith,
let him go home,

love the conclusion,well done.

Anonymous said...

Nicely done piece :) thank you for sharing

Anonymous said...

A mysterious dreamy poem about what love can do, very well done.

Maggie said...

Wow. Very beautiful and powerful words.

Shashidhar Sharma said...

Hi

this was a great verse and I enjoyed the story very much... your lines in the end gave me a perspective that I could relate too..
'Even if you don’t believe in the illusions
Our minds create for us, but living
Through visions which I was gifted with
As young child, I always knew
That this girl is going to find her faith
And let him go home.'

Thanks for joining in the Poetry Potluck WK 43 which I am hosting for the first time... hope you have liked it too.... and wish to see you again...

Shashi
ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/07/whispers-cuckoos-song-and-smell-of-love.html
At Twitter @VerseEveryDay

Jingle said...

love it,

beautiful reflection...

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done, I love those closing sentiments.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful--a lovely story of devotion. I've read stories similar to this where people who "die" return--it wasn't their time.

I agree--real love is forever.

Anonymous said...

nice twist love the conclusion and all!

Post a Comment