Wednesday, October 20, 2010 | By: Chim's World of Literature

What writing means to me & what inspires me.

Writing is like a mirror, you see what you are through it. Sometimes we like what we see and other times we do not. Writing is a reflection of the author, who they are, what they value and wehere they are in life.
As I grew, I used words to heal myself, I wrote about my pain and my fear and my hatred of the world. I wrote about my circumstances and how they effected me, how I would change them if I could. I wrote down my hopes and my dreams. I poured it all out and it kept me sane. It kept me from losing teh one small piece of me that remained hidden away, where no one could find it.

Writing for me has always been an escape, a way to express my true feelings with all of the descriptive language and imagery that makes words dance off the page. It's a way to express what's in my heart and my soul, those deep places where many people hesitate to venture. In our fast paced society, people want you to be short and sweet and get to the point. This way they can quickly be on their way to whatever's next on their agenda. Impatience leads to those short- clipped conversations that sometimes leave you wondering what was just said, but when you are writing, you have freedom to be expressive and creative. I take satisfaction in knowing that my word of choice infused emotion into what was said, and that the reader felt impacted in some way by my words. I get so much satisfaction from sharing my thoughts and ideas, and really relish when someone takes the time to offer me feedback. When that happens, I know that I have made a difference and someone has really heard my message. I have often wondered where my love for words comes from, and where I learned how to string words together so well. I enjoy writing for a multitude of reasons. It gives me an opportunity to express myself and it is very therapuetic.

Most of all I enjoy writing for the sheer enjoyment of writing. I like the way it makes me feel, and I feel complete and with a renewed sense of confidence and joy when I write something that flows well.
Writing is something I have to do. I cannot go without writing as I do not feel right. It si in my blood leaking into my mind. All these thoughts and images in my head. I cannot see myself not writing in the future. I will keep writing until I am called home to heaven. It is who I am a writer.

When you write you are tapping into your inner soul, and it is really hard to lie to yourself when you are putting words down that sometimes translated from internal emotions that can't be denied. There is so much that I could say about writing. I know there is power in words.

Power to express oneself, power to lay out intricate diagrams that will take a person on fantastic journeys to lands unknown to themselves.

What I find myself doing is writing about my experiences dealing with what I've gone through and recognizing the wonderful gift I have in writing and sharing the most human of emotions with others.

1 comments:

theunknowngnome said...

Hello, I was introduced to your site through "Meet the Poet Wednesday" at Jingle Poetry and am I congratulate you on being featured. Your writings from what I have read thus far are truthful and inspiring. I do so agree with your "Everyday Grace". Keep shining!

Post a Comment