What is Love?
What is love?
Do we know it?
Do we feel it?
Are we just buying into the hype of it?
Living in our fantasies about love.
Falling in love being swept off,
By the person.
Is it their humorist?
Is it their eyes?
The color of there skin,
The connection between two souls.
What is love?
Can you tell me because?
I certainly thought
Love was two souls coming
Together binding as one.
Falling in love, the deep affection
You carry for them.
Tell me do you know love?
Where does it reside.
Does it sit in your stomach?
Does your heart skip a beat?
Does the person you love
Make you feel like you are complete.
Can one person be the one?
Can someone set your heart free?
If people are truly, madly, deeply
In love with each other,
They will find away.
Would they I'd like to know?
I don't pretend to know
What love is for everyone?
But I can tell what it is for me.
"Love is knowing all about someone,
And still wanting to be with
Them more than any other person,
Love is trusting them enough
To tell them everything about yourself,
Including the things you
Might be ashamed of,
Love is feeling comfortable
And safe with someone,
But still getting weak knees
When they walk into a room
and smile at you."
So what is love to you?
Because it all differs from
Person to person.
But to me love is something
I have to feel, I have to learn
To love myself,
Before all those other things
Can fall into place.
© Chimnese Davids, All rights reserved
This is my entry for BlueBell Short Story Slam #8
I started writing this poem two nights ago, as i start to ask myself what is love? Is it real are we just going along by the hype of this world as we read romance novels and such.
I have been finding it hard to love myself, to accept myself for who I am, as a person.
There is a saying we should love ourselves first before we can love another, but what if you get rejected by someone, being hurt left broken to pick up the pieces.
I know God loves me, and I know I love God, but why cant I feel that love for me as well. Dealing with depression and always feeling lost and alone as tears come streaming down.
Last night I cried myself to sleep.....It's how my life has become crying in the wee hours wanting to know what is wrong with me. What is lost within me that I cant be loved in return.


11 comments:
"We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God."
I pray you peace.
It's all right to be feeling what you are feeling. It could be driving you to search in way you might not have before. This could be drawing you nearer to the one who delights in you, simply for you His creation. He already knows all our deeds and our sins and loves us. The world doesn't teach us that. Listen in, He has a great message for you. The question is, will you dare to believe? Thanks for visiting my blog. I will be praying...
I wonder this as well.
But as I have gotten older I rest in the one who first loved me. My Savior.
I think that is perfect love.
Blessings
your words make me ponder ...
love your imaginations,
well done.
"Yes, yes, yes," I said as I read this beautiful poem. You have done well describing what love should be.
Here's my week 8 story: http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/08/18/amber-waves-of-grain/
amazing entry,
you rock.
When you see a prism, if the light shines through it one way, you get a rainbow on the wall, but, if you only look at is one way, that one rainbow will be all you see. If you move the prism slighty, just change it a tiny bit, you will see so many, many more rainbows than you were seeing. YOU have to change the aspect of how you look at things.
It's easy to think, I don't like/love myself so why should anyone else. But, you need to change your aspect of how you look at life and yourself. It wasn't until I allowed myself to be free to love that I actually 'opened' myself to being loved. You cannot love unless you are open to all sides of that feeling. Everyone says love doesn't cause pain, and yet, love and sorrow walk hand in hand. You cannot have one without the other at some point in time. So, instead of looking at all of this from a sad, and if I can't love me no-one else can. Look at all the times these people have given you pain, and your heart is in pieces, and thank them for it. Because, they or, who you see as your God are giving you the 'gift' of pain as a life- lesson. If you push it away, don't want it, and say, 'why me' then you are refusing to learn the lesson you are supposed to learn and you will be stuck in time and bound to keep repeating.
To find your answers, you have to go deep inside you and be prepared to find your own light. Once you can do that, then you know who and what you are.
We are spiritual beings in an earthly body. We are here to experience all there is to life before we go on to someplace else in spirit.
But, I do know this, before you can love someone else, yes, you need to like/love yourself and when you do, and then you fal in love, opening up your soul to let their love fill you is an amazing thing. It sets you free.
It's all about going deep enough within to find your answers. They're there, trust me.
Hope that helps.
Bren.
You have written a powerful poem which encourages us readers to look inside and ponder the question of love ... thank you for this thought-provoking piece !
My my! This is beautiful! You words tell a story that is felt by many... Your pain saddens my heart and after I write this I am going to pray that today you will feel love surrounding you from the one who will love you no matter what! You are not only beautiful in HIS eyes... But mine too!
I'm so glad to finally read your work! I love this poem!
moving, deep thoughts, well rounded poetry.
honest post about a subject that few people choose to look at with honest eyes... love isn't a fairytale, it is everything you've described, which means it's hard work. Love hurts more than any weapon ever will, but finding/having a strong love is worth every ounce of turmoil. great job!
Post a Comment