Monday, January 17, 2011 | By: Chim's World of Literature

Within the strength of dreams


Each night I see your face,
Deep within my dreams,
Searching for answers,
Taking my strength,
I fight the fears you still in me.

Within the strength of dreams,
I find the courage to take control.
The sword in my hand as I strike
Your head, falling to ground.

Within the strength of dreams,
I am immortal, sharping my sword,
Nothing can keep those dark
Passages hidden.

You wanted revenge,
But instead your timely dead
Was begotten,
Your blood seeping through the ground.

Within the strength of dreams,
My immortality is just a dream,
Beyond the spared blood of the
Lover that took my mortal being.

Within the strength of dreams.

AN: this is a creation with the use of languages,signs & symbols from the Jingles Potpluck # 18 blog Jingles

6 comments:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

very skillfully constructed piece.
Glad to see you join JP.
Happy Potluck

A++

marit said...

"I fight the fears you still in me"

I love this

Anonymous said...

Some things can only happen in dreams... Lovely poem! ;)

Anonymous said...

Strong, poem, Chim. I think we fight battles, work things through in our dreams.

rmpWritings said...

I liked the structure...the repetition. Dreams can definitely be a powerful weapon. Nice job.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Some Awards 4 you, please help by visiting 2 or 3 poets to give birthday wishes, Thanks!

Your support is valued!
xxx

Post a Comment