Monday, April 2, 2012 | By: Chim's World of Literature

Never Listen To Hearsay


I’ve been walking with this turmoil spinning around inside my stomach. It was like everyone’s words were sitting, stuck deep within me. I walk around with unanswered questions, confused as to why or how.
Life has become this big pain that never leaves me. My only hope of ever having the one that I love, struck down. She’s out there, but the fears keep creeping upon my soul. Emotions sway me from left to right.
I feel drained, run down, can’t carry on as a woman with this uncertainty hanging above my head.
Always questioning , “Does she love me?” I don’t know what to believe anymore. I hear everyone whispering let her go, let her be. She’s happy with someone else. Get over her.
All hearsay.
“He said, she said,” but no final word comes from the person they are all talking about. That one person I need to hear these words from. She isn’t showing any love, or looking even close to being happy. Yet the rest of the “Who’s Who” is striking me down for interfering in a love that’s supposedly meant to be. I’m outnumbered by those accusations, claims of standing between some types of real love.
“He said, she said, but it’s her word that is final.”
Her entire outward appearance says, I am not in love nor am I happy, says what I needed was someone to need me, someone to be there, someone that I can protect my heart with, someone I don’t have to give my all.
Those were her final words on the subject, but nobody hears it, nobody sees it. They don’t see her eyes, without spark, without life. Nothing but the dullness of wanting to be able to return to her one true love.
Why should I listen to the “he said, she said,” when the last word has to come from the one whose heart tells a different story?


For the IndieInk Writing Challenge this week, Diane challenged me with "He said, she said, but my word is final." and I challenged Leo with "People who are meant to be together will always find their way back to each other. They make take detours in life, but they're never lost."

0 comments:

Post a Comment